In this episode Giles, Peter and Reese discuss all the news and sneak peeks released since out last recording!
We talk about the Painting Challenge, what we’ve been up to in the hobby, and all the things Spartan have been teasing, to do with Dystopian Wars, Dystopian Legions, Firestorm Armada and Planetfall…
Aerial Boxes available.
Parts store – individual models (only from the 2.0 boxes at this stage), TAC cards, Mine Markers, SAS Trays
Chinese – Dragon, aerial box set
Indian Raj – Naval and Land box sets
East India Merchant Company – medium interceptor – possibly an aerial box
Canadian land carrier – possibly a land box
Polish Air carrier – possibly in a box – Mobile Airfield – possibly in a land box
…Big announcement soon…?
Ba’Kash Cruiser Squad
Ba’Kash Patrol Fleet
Tarakian Patrol Fleet
Find the episode here: http://element270.libsyn.com/element270-013-read_all_about_it
or for direct download go here: http://traffic.libsyn.com/element270/Element270-013-Read_all_about_it.mp3
Welcome to episode 7 of the Element 270 podcast. In this episode we are lucky enough to be again joined by Neil Fawcett of Spartan Games.
We discuss some of the big picture visions that led to Dystopian Wars 2.0, the design goals around what the new version of the rules will bring, as well as some other super sized stuff…
We hope you enjoy!
You can find the episode here: http://element270.libsyn.com/element270-007-interview-with-neil-fawcett-on-dystopian-wars-20
or on our blog: https://element270.wordpress.com/
What are you looking most forward to with Dystopian Wars 2.0?
So Episode 6 has dropped, and we were lucky enough to have the dulcet tones of Neil Fawcett, owner and founder of Spartan Games on the show to talk all things Spartan.
I really enjoyed the chat, and found the discussion on the origins and growth of the company quite interesting, as was Neil’s insights into some of Spartan’s processes and so forth – but I always that sort of ‘glance into the industry’ quite fascinating.
What I was super excited by, however, was the new stuff Neil mentioned to do with Dystopian Wars, Dystopian Legions, Planetfall and many other things.
I’ll try and give a quick summary of those things mentioned that I found particularly exciting:
- Britannian Raj – a fleet that is upcoming very soon, and from our discussion will be getting armoured and naval units. This sounds fantastic!
- Chinese Federation – land units! Wow – the naval models look amazing – so I can’t wait to see what comes of these!
- 22 Alliance Nations and 7 (or 9) Mercenary factions – wow! There is going to be vast amount of choice on the table – I’m not sure what sort of timeline this will follow, but this is huge.
- over 1000 models – Dystopian Wars currently has some 500 odd models for it… Neil made mention he has a list with over 1000!
- Campaign books and system – this is something I am personally very excited by! More campaign books, smaller and more frequently released, with a focus on actually playing through a set of scenarios – some may be Dystopian Wars, some Dystopian Legions, but the games can affect one another… wow!
- There is probably more that I am forgetting!
- A new boxed set and hard cover rules coming later this year, along with more nations.
- Campaign system – and it ties with Dystopian Wars
- The VAULT (well, I shouldn’t say THE vault – as it now seems there are many! This will be an interesting plot element to follow and I wonder how it will affect the world. Why VAULT in capitals? Because they are making a 3D one you can fight Legions games in!
- A hard hitting, fast, and gratuitous 10mm sci-fi ground battles game – awesome!
- Lots of great models, plus scenery is an important aspect.
- The game ties with Firestorm… awesome!
- Objectives and scenario play a big part of the game – great!
- Short rules, quick play, destruction and fun (this is really sounding like my sort of game).
So in brief – these are the things I found most exciting. In all it heralds a huge year for Spartan Games, and a huge 2015 and beyond. I am super excited by all of this – but I’d be interested to know – what excited you?
Oh – and last thing – Dystopian Empires…??? OOooooooooooo… I can’t wait to find out more about this!
To make it easier for everyone to enjoy our podcast, it is now available on Youtube.
This is episode 0 – where we talk about ourselves, a brief overview of the hobby and other things.
Further episodes will be uploaded over the next few weeks so make sure you subscribe to my Youtube channel so your notified when each episode drops.
Till then – watch out for those exploding 6’s.
Episode 2 of the Element 270 Podcast, Splitting the Link…
In this episode Giles, Peter and Reese talk news, and then tackle the topic of split and linked fire, we then get around to answering some listener questions.
We talk about the Black Wolf, hopes for 2014 for Dystopian Wars and Dystopian Legions. We talk about the split and linked firing options, and how they can be used to best effect. Peter reflects on a recently run tournament. We talk scenarios and campaigns, what’s been happening on the Element 270 blogsite, and try to answer some listener questions.
At the end there is some special news, and tournament interviews! We hope you enjoy!
Find us at our website: www.element270.wordpress.com
On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/element270/
Or follow us on Twitter as: @Element270
Our Hot Topic for this episode is: Split Fire… should it be removed from Dystopian Wars 2.0?: https://element270.wordpress.com/2013/12/30/hot-topic-for-episode-2/
You can find the episode here: http://element270.libsyn.com/webpage
Episode 0 of the Element 270 podcast is up!
Welcome to Episode 0 of the Element 270 podcast. A podcast dedicated to Dystopian Wars, by Spartan Games. We’ll, be talking about Dystopian Wars, Dystopian Legions, Armoured Clash, news, reviews, questions and rumours.
In this episode Giles, Peter and Reese introduce themselves, the blog site www.element270.wordpress.com and our podcast!
We hope you enjoy!
Use the link in the sidebar to find our podcast rss!
Nick Fisher from the Dystopian Wars Australia Facebook Group was very kind and took my pathetic daubings and turned them into something of class and vigour!
Thanks Nick! Looks great!
By way of an update on the progress of the podcast… we have recorded an Episode ‘0’ – something of an introduction to ourselves, the games and the show… hopefully that will be edited soon – but we have much to do before I’m happy – there’s music to find, intros to make, more to record…
But we are on the way! Hopefully episode 0 will drop in the next week or so, along with our feed, and we’ll get recording on episode 1, which will look much closer to what we plan for our regular shows…
In the meantime – thanks for the Logo Nick!